I was a little frustrated today, for online RSS readers. I used to be a happy woman with Google Reader. However, I found that Google Reader is slow sometimes. After I posted new posts and used ping-o-matic to update them, they just NOT showed up in my Google Reader, even though I could see the new posts in my feed link. The Refresh button is jusr useless! OK, so I said “it is the time to try a new online RSS reader”. I want to have an online RSS reader with similar interface as Google Reader which can retrieve new posts quickly. My little research is as blow.
I just tried the subscribe suggestions provided by Feed Burner.
- My Yahoo! does not have an inetgrated interface for RSS reading, and it failed to retrieve the most recent posts.
- Newgator has a nice interface and retrieve the most recent post quickly.
However, it does NOT work well in my Firefox 3.0.1. In the following picture, I could not click the “click here” link, hence I could not read older posts. It works well in IE 7.
- My try for Rojo was more like a joke. After I subscribed with Rojo, nothing was shown in the browser. And not error messages.
- Blogline has an integrated interface, but it failed to retrieve the most recent posts, too. And where is the “refresh” button? Now, I miss the Google Reader refresh button, At least they have one!
A very annoying thing of bloglines is that they cannot remember some very useful preferences. For example, they display the unread posts by default and let you choose how old of the posts you want to display. But I cannot find a way to let it remember my preference and have to click the button every time.
- Netvibes does not have an integrated interface. It discovered the most recent posts correctly.
- Pageflakes does not have an integrated interface. It discovered the most recent posts correctly.
My pick? I just stayed with my Google Reader, with hope that they will improve it some time later.